Friday, May 8, 2009

Robert D. Smith, Ph.D.




I am so proud of my husband. When we met 8 years ago he was just starting his work for a doctoral degree. Today he holds that degree in his hands. It was a long road but he has earned those initals on the back of his name.
My parents rode up with us today & helped me with the kids during the graduation. My grandmother came down to see him get hooded. Trey & Randi kept hollering at Robert D. & waving their entire little bodies :) They watched very intently as his name was announced & clapped as he walked across the stage. Reagan however, decided it was her naptime & only woke up after he was done :( My mom & his mom kept Trey & Randi occupied during the rest of the graduation. Thankfully his part was at the beginning.
I do have to say that Randi was present during our family picture but she was laying on the ground because she didn't want her picture taken.
Afterwards we went to Robert D. 's fave place, Logan's! My parents got Robert D. a name plate with his new title & I got him a business card holder with his Ph.D. The kids got him a picture frame that says, "#1 DAD" with Robert D. Smith, Ph.D. Love, Trey, Randi & Reagan.

Congrats Dr. Robert D. Smith!!
I Love You!!!!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Congrats!! I know you are so proud of him and so is the rest of the family.

godfrey said...

We are so proud of Robert D. and so happy for you guys! You can tell that the kids are proud! I love the pictures.